From 4th to 17th, May 2016, “Tahiti Va’a 2018”, the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will travel to Australia to present to the International Va’a Federation (IVF) and all attending federations the organization of the two world events it will host :
- The 1st IVF Va’a World Distance Championships 2017
- The 18th IVF Va’a World Sprint Championships 2018
The LOC objectives in terms of participation are targeted as follows :
- 2017 : 900 athletes and officials from 20 countries
- 2018 : 3 000 athletes and officiels from 25 countries
Two additional international meetings are scheduled in 2016 :
- the 1st one at the FIV Congress held in Hawaii next October and,
- the 2nd one at the South American Va’a championships held in Chile next November.
These tours provide great opportunities to promote the major assets of the organization.